About Me

My photo
I am a semi-professional photographer based in Massillon, Ohio. What started out as a hobby has turned into a full-blown obsession. I love to play with light, and typically you will find me camped out with my setup, putzing around with some strobist tool or another.

Monday, April 12, 2010

My blogging adventure begins...


I've thought up so many excuses for why I shouldn't start a blog. They range from "No one care's about what I'm doing, or where I am in my life." to "I don't have anything to offer to readers in the form of expertise, or entertainment.". What made me finally start one then, you ask? Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps it was some sort of inner yearning for an outlet that I had more control over. I think that because I am doing it for myself, enabled me to brush off all my doubts because they all centered around other people.

Who knows, I might just find that my outlet is someone else's entertainment.

Who am I? I am a girl from the midwest, Ohio to be exact. I am introverted and socially awkward, and I strive to find acceptance through my explorations in "art". I put the quotations around the word art because I don't feel comfortable calling my hobby art. Nor do I consider myself an artist. But what I am is someone who loves to be pleased aesthetically, I love that feeling when you look at something and it just "feels good". I don't think there is any better way to describe it.


By creating this blog I hope to achieve 3 things.

1. I hope to improve my skills as a photographer.
2. I hope to provide a glimpse into the way I view the world around me.
3. I hope to connect with other like-minded individuals to further my education and experience, and possibly impart something of value in return.

My goal is also to post examples of my work, to provide a visual marker for (hopefully) my improvement. Also to share my images with others who might enjoy them.

I didn't intend this blog to be a somber tale, in fact I am usually insanely goofy, but I did want an honest starting ground for what I'm trying to accomplish!

If you happen across this blog in your wanderings across the internet, please check back, follow it, bookmark it - whatever your usual preference is!

I'll end this post with a pic of my favorite subjects - my dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment